There is no denying that for the majority of people, gaming is one of the main sources of amusement. With the advent of game recorders, you can now free game recording software videos of your favorite games and upload them to YouTube to share with your friends and other visitors.
95news.com suggest giving Wonder share Demo Creator a try if you’re looking for a screen recorder that enables you to record gameplay, mark key moments while playing, and easily edit the recorded gameplay footage.
With DemoCreator, you can:
- Mark crucial areas with markers while recording
- Record fast-paced games at 120 frames per second.
- Simultaneously record system audio, webcam, microphone, and video
- Record your screen in its whole or just a portion of it.
- With only a drag, you may change the video’s pace and add fade-ins and fade-outs.
- When editing, separate the audio and record voice narration to lower the noise.
- To obfuscate personal information or get rid of the watermark, use the blur effect.
- Directly upload films to Twitch, Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube
But if you’re looking for a video editing program that offers a variety of gameplay elements, I’d like to suggest Wondershare Filmora. It’s a simple but effective video editor that lets you not only cut, split, crop, resize, and reverse your videos but also gives you access to a variety of video effects that are specifically made for Fashion, Beauty, Gaming, Travel, and Education, among other things. See the video for a list of even more excellent features, and read on to see why Filmora is still among the top choices for recording games.
5 Best Free Game Recording Software
1. ShadowPlay (free game recording software)
Nvidia GeForce developed this free game video capture program for broadcasting game videos. This video recording tool has two modes: Manual mode and Shadow mode.
- Instant replay and record
- Excellent hardware i.e. a GPU-accelerated video encoder
- It has a minimal performance impact
- Records at a rate of 130 Mbps in up to 4K quality.
Compatibility: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Unlimited recording time in manual mode
- Allow it users to capture full desktop screen
- Operating this program requires a Geforce GTX 600 or above.
Price: It is available free of cost.
We have done research on how to record gameplay using Nvidia ShadowPlay; for more details, see How to Use Nvidia Share or ShadowPlay to Record Gameplay.
2. Camtasia (free game recording software)
It is one of the greatest game recorders for PCs when it comes to making professional films. HD videos may also be imported from a different source. Using this program, interactive videos may also be produced.
- Stunning graphics
- Direct link to social media
- Effective recording option
- Drag and drop editing
- Google Drive integration
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8 and 7 SP1
- You can easily include animated items
- You can edit the video, audio, and cursor tracks separately.
- Provides panning and zooming options
- Incorporates webcam
- Use of the green screen effect is also possible.
- Free trial for only 30 days.
- In the free version, users cannot capture videos for commercial use.
- Very expensive
- Works slowly on large projects
Price: $299.00 USD but it can be reduced if you buy 5-9 licenses
3. Open Broadcast Software (free game recording software)
It is an unrestricted amount of modification available open-source game recording application. The name of the software gives you an idea of what it can do, i.e., broadcast game streams on different websites like Twitch, YouTube, Hitbox, etc.
- Simple interface
- and AAC Encoder
- Limitless scenes and sources
- It has file output to FLV or MP4
- GPU-based video game capture
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, Vista and 7, Version for Linux and Mac OS X is also in the pipeline
- Easy to use
- High-speed performance
- Keyboard shortcuts
- A sharp learning curve
- Difficult to construct scenes
4. Bandicam (free game recording software)
Because it is simple to learn, it is the ideal option for novices. A Direct X or OpenGL-enabled video game can also be recorded and shared with just one click on YouTube. You can also change the window’s size to suit your needs.
- Built-in compression feature ensuring high-quality videos
- It is possible to record for more than 24 hours.
- You may make 4k Ultra HD video recordings.
Compatibility: Windows XP, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
- Maximum frame rate i.e. 120 fps
- Two distinct audio inputs can be captured simultaneously.
- It does not proffer live streaming
Price: Free trial, $59 for two licenses, $39 for one license
5. EpicRewind (free game recording software)
This software was newly created and includes a special function called RAM Rolling Buffer mode. The user can immediately replay the recording thanks to it. Pressing a hotkey is another way to save the contents of the buffer.
- Flash games or internet games can easily have screenshots and video taken of them.
- Direct-To-Disk capture mode
- The configuration of the video output format and codec is very simple.
Compatibility: It does not support windows
- Videos are not encoded all the time.
- The Windows operating system is not compatible with it.
Price: Free trial of the base version